Important Payment Dates
- First Installment Due: June 2, 2023
- Second Installment Due: September 1, 2023
- Easy-Payment options available through November 1. 2023 by 5:00pm.
- Last Day to make payments in the Treasurer's office: November 2, 2023 by 5:00pm.
- Property Tax Sale: November 1, 2023
All payments are assessed a late penalty after the due dates.
E-Check Payments Via the Internet
Payments can be made via the internet at tax.sangamonil.us on or before the due dates to avoid late penalty. E-Check payments can be made through November 1, 2023 by 5:00pm. When making a payment, please have your parcel identification number or property address available along with the routing number and account number. No fee is charged for E-check payments.
Payments must be postmarked no later than the due dates to avoid penalty.
Mail checks payable to:
Sangamon County Collector
P.O Box 19400
Springfield Il 62794-9400
INB Drive Thru and Lobby Payments
Drive thru and Lobby payments are accepted at INB branches through November 1, 2023. Payment stubs are required at INB; receipts are issued at INB..
Internet Payments with Credit or Debit Card
Internet payment by credit or debit card may be made on or before due dates to avoid a late penalty. A convenience fee is charged by the credit card companies. Internet payments can be made through November 1, 2023 by 5:00pm at: https://magic.collectorsolutions.com/magic-ui/Login/illinois-sangamon-county-treasu
Phone Payments with Credit or Debit Card
Credit or debit card payments can be made by calling 1-888-834-3729 no later than each payment due date to avoid a late penalty. Please have your parcel identification number and payment amount available when calling. A convenience fee is charged by the credit card companies. Phone payments can be made through November 1, 2023 by 5:00pm.
- WE ARE UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!! The Treasurer’s office has moved to the third floor of the County Building during the the renovations, room 303. Please consider our “easy-payment” options.ot avoid the construction zone.
- If paying at the County Building, please be prepared for construction challenges, limited parking, security screening and an elevator ride to the third floor.
- Payments can be made at 200 S. Ninth St. Springfield, Illinois from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday until 5:00 pm on November 2, 2023.