Mobile Menu Open/Close

Low Income Sewer Assistance Program (LISAP)

Low-Income Sewer Assistance Program (LISAP) is available from 7/27/2020 to 6/30/2021.  This Program is for residents of Sangamon County.  You may be eligible for a one-time payment of $100.00 for the current program year.  You can call to request an application at 217-535-3120.
Beginning October, families with LIHEAP appointments are also offered the sewer rebate if customers of the SCWRD

List of approved vendors for this program

ABT Water Treatment Inc.
City Water Light and Power (Sanitary Charges)
Curran-Gardner Township Water
Springfield Metro Sanitary District
Universal Utilities
Village of Chatham
Village of Grandview
Village of Jerome
Village of Rochester
Williamsville Public Works Dept.

Who is eligible?

You are eligible if you can answer yes to all of the following questions:

  • If you live with Sangamon County and receive service from one of the approved vendors.
  • If you are eligible for LiHeap you would be eligible for this program as well.
  • The 30-day gross income of your household, previous to the appointment, did not exceed the following:

Income Guidelines for Sewer Rebate – (Guidelines same as LIHEAP)
Income Guidelines for LIHEAP 2023
for the 2024 Program Year

30-Day Income
Annual Income
 1 $2,430 $29,160
 2 $3,287 $39,440
 3 $4,143 $49,720
 4 $5,000 $60,000
 5 $5,857 $70,280
 6 $6,713 $80,560
 7 $7,570 $90,840
 8 $7,775 $93,298
 9 $7,944 $95,326
10 $8,113 $97,355
11 $8,282 $99,383
12 $8,890 $106,680
13 $9,533 $114,390
14 $10,175 $122,100
15 $10,818 $129,810
16 $11,460 $137,520
17 $12,103 $145,230
18 $12,745 $152,940

For families with more than 18 persons, add $643 for each additional person. $7,710

What is “Gross Income of Household”?

This is the income received by EVERY member of your household (related or not) in the previous 30 days before your appointment who was at least 18 years old.  This includes but is not limited to wages, salaries, gross amounts of pensions and annuities, retirement benefits, Social Security benefits, unemployment, TANF, disability, child support, general assistance and any other form of income.

What Documents are Required to Prove Income?

For all members of your household we require:

  • Photo I.D. for Head of Household.
  • Most recent utility bills reflecting sewer charges.
  • Social Security cards for all members of the household.
  • Any medical cards.
  • Documentation for all sources of income for all household members over 18 years old.  Copies of pay stubs or proof of income for the past 30 days for anyone in the household that is over 18 years of age.

If no income has been received, applicant and all household members over 18 years of age must provide one of the following documents:

  • Denial letter for social security benefits.
  • Denial letter for unemployment benefits.
  • Denial letter for workman’s compensation.
  • Medical card (copy of front and back) with clients name on it.
  • Proof of application for food stamps, cash/medical.